Monday, February 29, 2016

Good and Bad Design Products



Hi guys am posting again because I want to show you some examples of good and bad design of products. It very important a good design because as designer we want from users to enjoy the use. I found this results through the preparation of an presentations.



 The first product that I have to show you is the refrigerator that you can see above.
this is an example of bad design because both side had handles and only one of them open the refrigerator. As a result of that the user they did not know which site can open the refrigerator.
The site that can open the refrigerator must be clear to the user, and also must be visible which handles must use in order to open it.
Some suggestions that can make the refrigerator an example of a good design can be that the handles must exists only on the side that is open the refrigerator. Also the handles can be in front of the door and not in the side.

 The second product that I found as good design example it is the keyboard above.
This product all of as we use to use it hundred times per day. Do you never consider why this happen ? The keyboard it an ergonomic and usable product. It is a good design example because all their controls are visible, Also all their controls are clear.

References

Darnell, M. J., 2010. How do you open the refrigerator?. [Online]
Available at:
http://www.baddesigns.com/fridge.html
[Accessed 19 February 2016].



2 comments:

  1. About keyboards in general, I observe that the letters in the keyboards' buttons are always at the same order and never in alphabetical order. Why designers of keyboards decided to present letters in that order and not alphabetically? Does this design decision is an example of a good design?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the fridge is a bad design for the reason that are reporting above, but it suggest that the handles must be in front of the door and not to the side? Many design of fridge that the handle is the side is good design.

    ReplyDelete